Lincoln Athletics – Updated 8/6/20
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS – Registration deadline of August 15th (more information below)
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS – Registration deadline is Aug. 10th (more information below)
High School Athletics
The AIA has announced new staggered start-dates for Fall Sports. Those new start dates are as follows:
First Practice – Aug. 24
First Competition – Sept. 9
Championships – Nov. 12-13
Swim & Dive
First Practice – Aug. 24th
First Competition – Sept. 14
Championships – Nov. 5-7
First Practice – Aug. 31
First Competition – Sept. 21
Championships – Nov. 12-21
First Practice – Sept. 7
First Competition – Sept. 30-Oct. 3
Championships – TBD (1A-3A conferences are discussing possibilities for the length of the season and when state championships will be held – Lincoln Prep is in the 1A)
These new dates have directly impacted our 2020-2021 Lincoln game schedules/competitions and will likely continue to do so as schools decide what is best for their communities. Please know that once we feel our schedules are set, we will post them here on our site as well as having our coaches send out email updates. You must be regsistered online to receive coach emails.
Middle School Athletics
The start date for all MS fall practices is still set for Monday, August 24th, however, please note that this could change due to the new high school start dates.
Sports offered to all Lincoln 5th – 8th graders are: Flag Football, Girls Volleyball, Golf and Cross-Country.
Registration & General Notes
If your student-athlete is interested in participating please use the following link to register online: Register My Athlete. Registration helps the athletic department determine how many students to plan for in each sport – you are not required to pay at this time.
Please print the 2020-2021 AIA Physical (used for 5th-12th graders) and schedule your student’s physical with either your family physician, CVS, Walgreens or Urgent Care.
We understand this is a challenging time and that it may be difficult in deciding to allow your student(s) to participate in extra-curricular athletics. Please know that much thought and consideration has gone into the processes by which we (Lincoln Prep and GreatHearts) will operate all athletic practices and competitions this fall and throughout the duration of the school year. Below are just a few of the most pressing guidelines administrators, coaches, student-athletes, parents and fans will need to abide by and/or understand in order to participate this 2020-2021 school year:
- All AIA Physicals must be completed (date of completion must be after March 1st, 2020) and submitted along with the online registration by the deadlines above. *An additional COVID 19 permission slip will be required for participation as well – this will be sent home the first day of practice.
- All school Administrators/Coaches are required to take a COVID 19 Educational Course provided by the NFHS.
- Coaches and students will have their temperatures taken and recorded prior to the start of each practice/competition. Any individual who shows a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be tested a second and third time. If the temperature remains at 100 degrees or above the individual will be asked to head to the nurses office (if on campus) or to the nearest shaded area (if outside) while their parent(s)/guardian(s) are contacted.
- All Coaches must wear a face mask while coaching and within six feet of another person. Student-athletes are not required to wear face masks but may do so if they wish.
- Coaches and students will be required to wash their hands prior to, throughout and after practices/games. Hand sanitizer, soap and water and paper towels will be provided.
- All footballs, volleyballs, basketballs, chairs and other equipment that can be exchanged and/or touched by more than one person will be sanitized before, during and after practices and competitions.
- Student-athletes must bring their own, filled water bottles to practice. We recommend bringing as many bottles as possible.
- Student-athletes must keep their belongings (bags with practice clothing and shoes) in a small bag in their own, personal locker as the locker rooms will not be used to store any personal belongings. The only exception to this rule is HS Football who will store their pads in the weight room.
- After school, coaches or an administrator will monitor the locker rooms allowing students to change in shifts. The locker rooms and bathrooms will be separated by MS (5th-8th) and HS (9th-12th) as has been done in the past.
- Off-campus sports (Golf, Swim, Cross-Country) may have additional requirements as we are subject to the rules of the facilities where we compete and practice.
Please note this list is not exhaustive of all steps we have taken or are taking in order to conduct athletic competition this fall and school year. More information will be posted as it arrives and coaches will communicate directly to their teams should circumstances change.
Lastly, we do have a need for coaches in the following sports: MS Flag Football (Assistant Coach), MS Golf (Head Coach), HS Football (Assistant Coach). If you have playing experience and a passion for one of the above sports and are interested in helping our student-athletes learn to love the game, please reach out to Athletic Director, Jenn Bradley: email@example.com
We thank you for your patience as we navigate through this unique situation.
Stay healthy. GO LIGHTNING!